1. DO YOU TAKE REQUESTS? Of course! We'll plan your soundtrack together! You'll let me know your must-haves and do-not-plays, as well as how much control you'd like your guests to have. I'll advise you based on my experience as to what works and what doesn't, but ultimately I cater to YOUR taste in music!
2. DO YOU HAVE AN ASSISTANT? Always! Between setting up and coordinating timing and cues, controlling lighting and helping guests at your photo booth, my assistant is a reliable resource at every reception! And while exceedingly rare, in the event of an emergency that prevents me from hosting as planned, I can count on their experience to see your event through!
3. HOW DO YOU DRESS? For outdoor and rustic venues, my attire consists of a collared shirt, neutral vest, and tie (if fitting.) For ballrooms, I dress accordingly, wearing a formal black or neutral suit coat, with or without a complimenting vest and tie. No matter what, I always dress with dignity, respect, and appropriate to the occasion.
4. WHY DO YOU CHARGE SO MUCH? I never cut corners or take chances on the results I deliver! That's why I've invested over $30,000 in systems that maintain the highest possible standard for sound, lighting, and images! Plus, to run a legitimate operation, more than HALF of my fee goes toward taxes, insurance, and a proper wage for my assistant.
5. SO YOU CARRY INSURANCE? Absolutely! I'm covered up to $1M for comprehensive liability, theft, and damage, whether caused by guests, the venue or another vendor. I maintain that you should never hire a vendor who isn't insured, as legitimate businesses ALWAYS seek to cover both themselves AND their clients!
6. WILL YOU HOLD MY DATE? Once you request to book a specific date, I will hold it until 7pm the day following your initial inquiry to give you time to make arrangements for your deposit (which counts toward your balance.) No commitments are valid, however, until you get a receipt confirming your online payment and/or a countersigned contract.
7. DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS? Many! ...when you book an off-peak date, such as weekday, or a Friday or Sunday on a non-holiday weekend, or a date between November 15 and April 1, or when you use a recommended vendor or local venue, or pay in full at the time of your deposit -- Wherever I save, YOU save!
8. WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU PLAY? Everything! I'm a fan of nearly every genre. If you want a song I don't own, I'll obtain it at NO cost to you. Period! I don't trust technology, however, which is why I never stream audio from an online source. Rather, I bring duplicate equipment and backup copies of every song I own - nearly 140,000 as of 2018!
9. HOW LONG DO YOU PLAY? My packages include a flat rate for up to 8 hours, allowing you to book me exclusively so that I can focus on YOUR event! However, because of the needed time for teardown, travel, and next-day bookings, all my events conclude by than 11PM. An exception can always be made, but only upon request and well in advance.
10. DO YOU HAVE ANY REFERENCES? Yes! Read over 80 five-star reviews on WeddingWire from couples of the past 10 years! I also work with a number of vendors and venues that I'd be delighted to have you talk to! If you'd rather know first hand, let's meet and I'll play video from past events and demo in-person anything you'd like to see before you book!