1. Do You Take Requests? Of course! I plan your event's soundtrack side-by-side with you! You'll let me know your must-haves, do-not-plays, and what level of control you'd like your guests to have. I'll advise you as to what I've seen work and what I know doesn't, but ultimately I cater to YOUR taste in music!
2. Do You Bring An Assistant? Always! Between setup, timing and cues, lighting and helping guests at your photo booth, my assistant is a reliable resource at every reception! And while exceedingly rare, in the event of an emergency that prevents me from hosting as planned, I can count on their experience to see your event through!
3. How Do You Dress? For formal events, I dress accordingly, usually in a black or neutral-toned suit, with or without a complimenting vest and tie. For rustic, outdoor events, my attire consists of a collared shirt, and (if fitting) a neutral vest, and tie. No matter what, I always dress with dignity, respect, and appropriateness to the occasion.
4. Why Do You Charge More? I don't cut corners or take chances on the results I deliver! I've invested over $30,000 in sound & lighting for the highest possible standard! Plus, to maintain a legitimate business, more than HALF of my rate goes toward my overhead, taxes, insurance, and a proper wage for my staff.
5. Will You Hold My Date? I will hold any specific date requested until 7pm the day following your initial inquiry to give you time to make arrangements for your deposit (which counts toward your balance.) No commitments are valid, however, until you get a receipt confirming your online payment and/or a countersigned contract.
6. Do You Offer A Discount? Many! When you book (1) an off-peak date, such as weekday, or a Friday or Sunday on a non-holiday weekend. (2) a non-Holiday date between November 15 and April 1, or (3) when you use a preferred venue or vendor, or (4) pay in full at the time of your deposit -- Bottom line, if I save money, YOU do too!
7. What is Your DJ & MC Style? I believe in a smooth, live mix, playing tracks that best fit the mood and moment. I'm also only ever warm and natural on a microphone, speaking only when such is fitting. I never stream music over Wi-Fi, as such can be unreliable. Instead, I bring backups of everything from songs to equipment, just in case!
8. Do you Have Any References? Yes! I have dozens of 5-star reviews on WeddingWire from the past 10 years! I've also worked with hundreds of vendors and venues that will attest to my performance. If you'd rather know first hand, I have video of several past events that I'd be delighted to show you when we meet, before you decide to book!